Delivers major advances in payroll processing performance for very large organizations and announces new partnerships
HRchitect includes Ultimate Software in our list of top HRIS vendors that organizations should consider. If you are looking for a new Talent Management System, or any HR system, don’t rely solely on “recommendations” or published reports. Do yourself a huge favor and talk to HRchitect first. After 15 years, HRchitect has unparalleled knowledge of the HR and Talent Management vendor community and can save you time and money in selection and implementation. Simply put, do not invest in any kind of HR technology without consulting with the experts first. HRchitect is always available to help!
Ultimate Software (Nasdaq: ULTI), a leading cloud provider of people management solutions, announced recently that all of its SaaS customers are live on the UltiPro Spring 2012 release. Highlights of the Spring 2012 release include expanded global HCM capabilities, significant advances in payroll processing speed for very large organizations, more configurable talent management for richer employee performance management, extended business intelligence, and the announcement of several new additions to the Ultimate Partner Network.
Expanded Global HCM Capabilities
HCM enhancements in the Spring 2012 release focus on enabling broader self-service options for employees worldwide. In addition to fundamental capabilities such as managing core HR and benefits information, global HCMenhancements in the Spring 2012 release include configurable business processes for common employee information changes, such as personal name or address. The release also delivers standard new-hire Web Services, making it simple for organizations to extend global employee data and business processes to other on-premise and cloud applications.
With large enterprises increasingly turning to SaaS for HCM and payroll solutions, Ultimate has continued to lead the industry with new levels of performance, speed, and response time for processing complex payroll calculations in the cloud. UltiPro Spring 2012 delivers:
- A more than 600% increase in payroll processing speed for very large payrolls (more than 100,000 employees)
- Increased performance of Time Management connectivity, delivering up to 90% faster importing of payroll processing data, such as hours, earnings, and deductions for very large payrolls
Configurable Talent Management
UltiPro’s Spring 2012 release added new talent management configurability that allows organizations to deploy talent management approaches that are tailored to the needs of their people and teams. New capabilities include:
- New talent assessment options — Providing the ability to base performance assessments on contributions and impact, for example, rather than simply numeric scales. Organizations can measure performance with key terms, competencies, goals, and other measures to adapt performance management to their unique needs.
- Greater assessment flexibility — Allowing a manager or an employee to add additional commentary to a review beyond structured goal and competency content.
- Visual people search — UltiPro Succession Management now provides a consumer-style comparison of employees that includes key skills, experience, assessments, and other related information — designed to help leaders make informed decisions about employee capabilities and readiness for future roles in the organization.
Extended Business Intelligence
UltiPro Spring 2012 includes additional delivered reports and analytics to better help customers connect their people data to critical business decisions. The Spring 2012 release includes expanded business intelligence such as:
- New standard total compensation statements, which can be tailored to the unique needs of an organization, to facilitate communication of overall benefits and compensation to employees
- Predictive analytics to help customers forecast crucial workforce trends, including employee retention
- New delivered reports and analytics for succession management, career development, talent assessment, and global HR
“We continue to see organizations with more complex, global needs and larger employee populations choosing Ultimate’s solutions,” said Cecile Alper-Leroux, vice president of product strategy and development at Ultimate. “Across all of them, the common theme is a focus on people — more streamlined administration, increased visibility into data, more personalized employee performance management. These requirements are at the center of our Spring 2012 release, as we expand our capabilities for supporting large, complex organizations comprised of people working around the world.”
Additions to the Ultimate Partner Network
In Spring 2012, Ultimate added several partners to the Ultimate Partner Network, aimed at providing our customers with technologies, products, and services that allow them to extend the value of UltiPro to better integrate with their business ecosystem.
In March 2012, Ultimate announced a partnership with Yammer, a leading provider of Enterprise Social Networks, that provides integration between the Yammer activity stream Ticker and UltiPro Performance Management. Ultimate’s Yammer connector will be delivered as part of the UltiPro Summer 2012 release.
In April 2012, Ultimate and Ping Identity announced a partnership enabling Ultimate’s customers to select PingOne™ and PingFederate® to provide users with a secure, cloud-based single sign-on (SSO) connection to UltiPro and other business applications. Ping Identity’s solutions are now available directly from Ultimate as an option in the customer’s SaaS subscription.
CERTPOINT is a recognized leader in Learning Management Systems (LMS), and Ultimate and CERTPOINT have partnered to offer Ultimate customers a pre-packaged integration to connect CERTPOINT Learning Management to the UltiPro system-of-record for seamless connection between the learning management and core HCM data.
Ultimate has been supporting connectivity between SaaS HCM and other solutions since 2002. Ultimate currently manages more than 8,000 unique integrations among its customers HCM instances, on-premise solutions, benefits providers, and other cloud-based systems. Ultimate has partnered with Informatica, leveraging the company’s industry-leading data integration platform to make connectivity even more flexible, reliable, and efficient — providing Ultimate’s customers with state-of-the-art capabilities for connecting and leveraging people data across their organizations.
For more information on Ultimate Software, please visit www.ultimatesoftware.com
To learn more about HRchitect and how we can help your organization, please visit www.HRchitect.com. HRchitect is the leader in HR systems strategic consulting. As the premier Human Capital Management (HCM) and Talent Management Systems consulting firm, we offer end-to-end HR technology consulting services focused around strategic planning, evaluation/selection, project management and implementation of HR systems, Talent Management Systems, Talent Acquisition Systems, and Workforce Management software. After more than 15 years in business working on over 1800 successful engagements for more than 800 clients across the globe, HRchitect is a name you can trust as your one-stop shop for all your HR technology consulting needs.
Matt Lafata, HRchitect